QLP respects your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to improve the services that we provide to you. The law as it relates to privacy frequently changes, so to ensure compliance with any changes to relevant laws, we reserve the right to change our policies and information as they relate to privacy without further notice to you.
- Signing up for an account;
- Making an enquiry using the live chat or contact us service on our website;
- Completing one of the forms or creating a document through our website;
- Sending messages to another party through our website; or
- Providing us with information by posting on our social media pages or sending communications to our social media accounts.
Types of Information Collected
When you use the Online Services and Content we may require that you provide your personal information that can identify you, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number, suburb or postcode and such information relating to any other party relevant to your dispute. We may also ask for other demographic information about you. This information is relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking.
When you use our Online Services and Content we may also collect non-personal information through your browser, text files, cookies, applications and your IP address. This provides us with information such as about your computer type, what browser you are using and which pages you visit on our website. We use this information to ensure that our website functions properly and to find out what information is more relevant on our website.
How we Collect Information
We generally collect your information directly from you by means of the forms available on our website, through our social media accounts, over the internet, via email or through live chat with you or your authorised representative.
There may be instances where we collect your information indirectly in circumstances where direct collection from you is impracticable.
Why we Collect Information
The purposes of our collection of your information are dependent upon the nature of your interaction with us and the service you wish use from the Online Services and Content. Such purposes include but are not limited to the following:
Providing you with legal information. This is not legal advice;
Providing you with the tools to negotiate using the platform on our website;
Creating or generating documents;
- Providing you or a related party with information about our services or changes to our services;
- Providing you with information about services we offer which may be of interest to you;
- Providing you with sources of referral that may assist you;
- Analysing our services and customer requirements with a view to their improvement;
- Obtaining your feedback on our services;
- Facilitating our internal operations and conducting our business; and
- Marketing and business development services or to facilitate social media networking.
Who we Disclose Information to
We generally only disclose personal information in accordance with the purpose/s for which such information was collected (as set out above). Such disclosures may be made to third parties including but not limited to:
- Our related entities or third parties to facilitate the provision of our services or our operations;
- Our related entities and other entities and third parties with whom we are affiliated so as to facilitate their providing you with information relating to their services;
- Our third party sources of referrals who may provide you with their services;
- A purchaser of our business or business assets.
By providing us with your personal information using the Online Services and Content, you consent to us disclosing and transferring your personal information to related or other entities, third parties, sources of referral and consultants. Please note we are not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites including sites linked to our websites.
How we Secure your Information
The information collected is stored in various ways, including but not limited to secure data servers or paper records. We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorised access or misuse.
How you may Access your Information
You may request access to personal information we hold which relates to you in writing. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period and may charge a reasonable administrative fee for processing your request.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances set out under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You may request to update or change your personal information held by us by writing to us at PO Box 387, Red Hill QLD 4059.
If you Believe your Information has been Misused
If you wish to make a complaint in relation to a misuse of your information, please write to us at [email protected]