What do you do when one of your employees keeps getting sick, over & over again? Here are some basic tips about your rights and obligations.
Workplace Rights & Entitlements
Our lawyers can help both employers and employees understand employment law so they can make positive decisions regarding managing employees or reporting to an employer.
How much do employment lawyers cost?
Use our online calculator to estimate the cost of an employment lawyer.Cost of an employment Lawyer
Workplace rights and entitlements - Why you need a lawyer
Assisting employers and employees understand employment law
Depending on the nature of the work and role being performed, it can be difficult for employers and employees to properly navigate and understand the workplace relations system and employment law. A lawyer can help both employers and employees understand employment law so they are able to make positive decisions whether it be regarding managing employees or reporting to an employer.
Helping employers understand their employees’ entitlements
As an employer, it is imperative to understand the entitlements and rights of your employees. Our experienced team of lawyers can assist employers navigate and correctly identify the appropriate workplace rights and entitlements of their employees across a range of industries and professional settings.
Ensuring employees are knowledgeable on their entitlements
As an employee, you must be knowledgeable on your rights and entitlements so you are able to determine if you are not receiving them. We can educate you on what you are legally entitled to in the workplace before you even begin employment so you can feel confident that you will be able to spot an issue if one arises.
Preventing issues arising down the track
If an employer or an employee does not understand their rights and entitlements, adverse outcomes may occur in the future. Our experienced lawyers provide skilled advice and assistance to employers and employees, ensuring they are educated to avoid the penalties that may arise from getting workplace rights and entitlements wrong.
Frequently asked questions
- Full and correct wages for the governing award, legislation or enterprise bargaining agreement they are operating under;
- Full personal and annual leave entitlements;
- Fill superannuation contributions; and
- Unpaid leave entitlements.
- Sick leave. You can take time off work if you are unwell of if you need to care for someone else or you need to deal with a family emergency.
- Family and domestic violence leave. You are entitled to five days unpaid family and domestic violence leave annually.
- Annual leave. This allows an employee to have time off work and be paid for it.
- Compassionate and bereavement leave. You are entitled to take leave from work if someone from your immediate family or household passes away or develops a life-threatening injury or illness.
- Community leave. You can take leave for activities such as voluntary emergency management activities and jury duty.
- Long service leave. You can take time off after a long period of time working for the same employer.
- Maternity and paternity leave. You can take maternity or paternity leave when a child is born or adopted.
Why choose us
We will tell you the truth at all times
We will be honest with you about your prospects of success, issues that arise or the commercial viability of your matter. The first time you come to see us, we will tell you whether you even need a lawyer.
We will respect you and your situation
Our job is not to judge anything you may have done. Our job is to guide your matter and actions moving forward to give you the best possible outcome for you, both legally and personally.
We will listen and understand your needs
We will hear not just what you want to achieve, but why you want to achieve it. We will tell you what you need to do to achieve the outcome you are after, legally, practically and emotionally.
We will stand by you all the way
Your matter doesn’t finish once a court order has been made. We will stay on your matter right up until all of the outstanding issues have been dealt with and the court orders are complied with.
Trusted by thousands of clients
I needed a lawyer I could trust. And I trusted Forge completely.
In our most stressful times Forge’s lawyers guided us through.
I was surprised by Forge’s complete service. They were so much more than just great lawyers.
Need to talk to a lawyer?
Please contact us to find out more about how our award-winning and respected lawyers can make a positive difference to your business.
Your enquiry is confidential